Electronic Medical Records and the Data Within
Published by Washington State Association for Justice and Wisconsin Association for Justice
$79 for Association Member
$99 for Non-Member
Duration: 90 minutes
Register now for immediate access to this program.
Tell a Colleague!
Overview of Electronic Medical Records
• how they differ from paper records of the past
• how the paper you get today is not the same as the electronic record from which it is printed
• what is a complete medical record today?
Overview of Audit Information
• What is audit information?
• How is it kept?
• What questions can it answer?
Approach to Discovery in EMR cases
• What we should have access to per statute
• What judges think we should have
• How to get what we really need
• Hybrid systems – Electronic, handwritten, different EHR software on different units may not be included in record provided.
• How long electronic data is preserved
• Staff & physician education, policies and procedures for EHR, tech support
• Having access to portals
o To review medical records as the providers saw them
o For depositions
January 22, 2019
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
How To Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This program has not been submitted for credit in any jurisdiction. Registrants will receive a Certificate of Attendance/Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in various jurisdictions.
You May Also Be Interested In...
SeminarWeb and Wisconsin Association for Justice programs are non-refundable.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. (Read Statement)